Wednesday 19 October 2011

The First Hot Day Of The Season!



Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

Today I had the morning off!!! YAY for me!!!! Especially because it was a scorcher of a day hitting 28 where I was. So as I casually rolled out of bed (at about 10:30), I went upstairs in my home and made myself a lovely ham and cheese omelet!! I relaxed, ate my omelet and I checked my Facebook and emails. Once I had done this Cassie and I went downstairs and out the back door to my pool which for the past week or so has had the solar heating on so this being the first really hot day the pool was hitting that prime refreshing temperature. 




Having been refreshed I unfortunately had to end the fun and games in the pool and head to work. I got to work and I met up with Robbie (my colleague and besty) in the kitchen. He and I chilled as we got the dinner ready for the children down in a paddock enjoying the day labeled up here as Cultural Day. Cultural day is a day where a descendant of the native aboriginals to this area. Any-who we rocked up to the paddock and we helped the kids down there. To cut a long story short the fun things I got to help with were eating sugar ants - surprisingly they taste like lemon sherbet -, cooked damper and kangaroo and lamb stew - see left- I maintained a wicked fire - see below - and we listened to Ian tell stories and play the didgeridoo. Also I've thrown in a pic of the wonderful view from Wad (our earth studies center) 

Just another snapshot!

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Love it Jake, It's really cool to see the things that you are doing and it makes me super jealous of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I found this blog... and I think you might like it... http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com/ seriously check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't surprise me that you made a wicked fire, Jake I love reading about what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete