Tuesday 18 October 2011

Landcare!!




G'day,

So today we're talking about land care. Land care is always the day after the school group arrives home from expo in coordination with rustic furniture making. So for the Kingfishers it's the Monday, the Honeyeaters it's the Tuesday. As today is Tuesday I was working with the Honeyeaters. A great bunch of kids who got everything I asked them to done. Although I may not have had a complete idea of what to do I used my best judgment to sort it out. One of my bosses handed me a typed list of things to do. We did the first couple then got confused so I made up stuff to fill time. Things we did on the list were lay out some straw, we fertilized the citrus trees (you can all relax we used pellets and manufactured food not the home fertilize your lemon tree style if you catch my drift), we put up a rabbit proof fence (that movie bugged me there were NO RABBITS!!!!! and we continue) around the seedlings featured in one of the pictures. All in all we didn't do much on the list at all. Things I made up for the kids to do included painting signs, building a scarecrow featured in the other pics, cleaning the chicken coup in all its glory including collecting the 21 eggs layer by our chickens just today, weeding the plants, weeding the garden beds and a few more things that I can't remember. All in all a sunny, burnt skinned, fun day of adventure.



















Just another snapshot into my life


Cheers

1 comment: